This was a dating blog that has turned into a life blog. I found the man I love while dating and will now see what happens in life.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Single :)

I am single. Life of a single girl is great! As if I don't do what I want when I am with someone, I really get to when I am solo. I like being single for so many reasons but here are few I came up with off the top of my head: I don't have to shave...anything...ever, I'm accountable to no one but myself, I get to make all the decisions, I can eat a little extra and not worry about a bloat baby, I can fart when I need to without leaving the room, I get to meet new people and exchange numbers (or not depending on the person and my mood), I am healthier (more time for the gym and tend to make healthier dinner options), I can be spontaneous, I can wear something sexy and not explain why or where I'm going or who I'll be with or when I'll be home, I can focus more on school (and eventually work) and not have to divide my time, I don't have to buy that extra gift for the holidays, I get the whole bed to myself, I don't have to decide if I want to tolerate an annoying habit, and I have space!


Girls, don't go whining about how single you are to your girlfriends...have fun with it! If you want someone to wine you and dine you, take yourself out to dinner! Men love women who are confident, some men just don't know how to handle it and you don't want that guy anyway. If you're invited to a party and don't have a date, great! You don't need one! Go alone, there might be someone else there who is flying solo. Buy yourself flowers if it's that important to you! Go on vacation, where ever you want (and don't say who does that, because I do it at least once a year!). Go to a concert, I went and saw Bruce Springsteen and didn't have someone by my side every second as a security blanket. And screw the holidays! You get to make all the plans and don't have to buy the gifts for him or his other people. In addition, you get to tell your family "Shut up, I'm happy to be single and even more happy to have no kids!" (Oh yeah, and spend time with them too.) Enjoy being single, you have plenty of time to be the chain on some guys ball! (yes, I know what I said)
Me on one of my many vacations...taken all alone!

1 Comments:

Blogger suburban hippie mama said...

I love you! Can't wait until spring when I can go on vacation w/ you!!

November 12, 2009 at 5:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home