This was a dating blog that has turned into a life blog. I found the man I love while dating and will now see what happens in life.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Commitment-phobe

So my wonderful FireFighter is not perfect. I never thought he was actually perfect but his cranky colors shone brightly over the weekend. He was not nice. He told me he would wait to go to Oktoberfest so that I wouldn't have to drive alone. That almost didn't happen and it seemed that since we were riding in the same car it annoyed him for some reason. Then when we got there he didn't even buy me a beer or bratwurst! I thought that would be the least he could of done since I drove him and his friend there and was sacrificing my fun to drive!

Then, I got left. They wondered off. I decided not to look for them and just get a beer, so that's what I did. They came looking for me about 45 minutes later...how nice of them. Then when it was time to go, they said they were taking a cab to a party and I need to walk to the car by myself. Ummm, if anyone can recall, Oktoberfest isn't exactly in the safest neighborhood. So I fought on that issue. Not OK to make a white girl walk through the drug and prostitute infested ghetto at 10 o'clock at night all alone. So they walked with me. They then decided that it would be silly to take a cab to the party since it was a mile from my house, so they LET me take them there. When we got there I started to drink heavily, why not, I was so close to home! I was having a great time and so was he until he reach some point. He started to argue with me about nothing. (Even the next day he said he didn't even know what we were arguing about.) One thing led to the next, full blown arguing in the car.

I know we all have our days, or even few days but come on dude, snap out of it! Sunday we went to dinner and to see a movie. There was very little conversation over dinner and no hand holding in the movie. I over heard he and his buddy talking and Friend said "Seems like you guys are getting serious". I think this freaked FireFighter out because ever since then he's been....well, the way he's been all weekend.

I am leaving town this week to go hang out with friends in OK City for a couple days. I asked him if he wanted to hang out before I left and his response was "No, I have crap to do". OK dude whatever. You've had off since Friday and don't work again until Wednesday, you're telling me whatever it is you have to do can't be done at any other time, it must be done between 7 and 10 p.m. on a Monday night. I can be slow sometimes but this signal was load clear. Don't think I'll not be calling him.

We started dating a month ago today.

1 Comments:

Blogger suburban hippie mama said...

Ok sis, the last sentence is confusing...are you calling him or not?

Why are some guys so commentment phobe? All these damn games you have to play w/ men...geez...hope you're having fun in OKC!

October 27, 2009 at 5:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home