This was a dating blog that has turned into a life blog. I found the man I love while dating and will now see what happens in life.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Marine

I used to tend bar downtown. One day a fairly attractive man came and ate lunch, I later found out he used to be a Marine. We kept making eye contact. After several weeks of lite conversation and eye contact, Marine asked if he could take me out for lunch instead of me serving him lunch. Normally I politely decline any invitations given to me from work because I don't want to start drama there, but I had been thinking about quiting and he was a nice man.


I am a believer in Karma. If you do good then good will happen and on the other hand, if you do bad, bad will happen. He also believed this and then took this concept a step farther...he thought that certain people were connected through mind waves. Marine thought you could connect to someone, even if they aren't around, through the mind. He thought that people could scientifically be in two places at once, and had "documentation" to back up his point of view. This was weird to me. I don't know how to politely say it, he was just weird. I got the feeling that he made up his own rules to life and I wasn't sure how to respond to it all. Along with his beliefs he also decided to share with me that he had been married before, for three years. This was a turn off for me because I haven't been married and would like to be with someone who hasn't either. The first date was over with and I thought, maybe he was just nervous and will clam down on expressing his point of view on everything. It was all about him.


By this time I had quit my job. Marine asked out for appetizers and drinks after work one day. I accepted the invitation and we had a great time. Then again he brings up the fact that he had been married again. As we continue talking he says "My first marriage...." blah blah blah. What?! First? So I ask, "First? So you have been married more than once?" His response was something along the lines "I have been married twice but the first one didn't count because I got it annulled". Thinking to myself, he could of been young or in Vegas (ha ha), maybe it lasted a a couple days or weeks....I was trying to be understanding but was confused all at the same time. The only logical thing for me to ask next was "When were you married first and for how long?" And his response was "I was 23 and married for six years." Hold on just a second! You can't be married for six years and get it annulled! He said it was a mistake because he married her for religious reasons and they agreed to separate. I don't give a rats ass why you got married or why you separated...after six years it's considered a marriage and a divorce. A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet. OK maybe the wrong context but you get my point! I couldn't hold this point in, I wasn't sure if he thought he could really pull the wool over my head or what. He thought I was being rude for asking and inconsiderate of his beliefs so he did what any reasonable man would do, he left me. I was thrown off by this turn of events. There I was sitting with a drink in hand, all alone. I drove myself so I wasn't to terribly concerned. I turned to watch him walk to the car and curious if he would feel like a dumb ass and come back....he didn't. But what he did do was sit in his car and not leave. I'm not really sure if he was watching me but what else would he of been doing? Not five minutes after he left a very attractive man came over and began talking to me. About that time Marine drove away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home