This was a dating blog that has turned into a life blog. I found the man I love while dating and will now see what happens in life.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Double Shot of Nothing

This date happened months ago but thought it was worthy of being posted. Thank you Dana and Ely.


My sister and brother-in-law thought it would be great to set me up with a friend that owns a coffee shop. For those of you who don't know, I don't drink anything with caffeine, this should of been a clue.


Coffee Shop decided that we should go meet for a drink before he commits to a full dinner date, which is understandable, I don't want to be stick with a guy through dinner if he's bad company...well maybe, depends on where we're eating. Anyway, we met for drinks at the same place people who want to be trendy always meet for drinks. It's a good place but very unoriginal for a meeting place.


Prior to the date we had talked on the phone and had several exchanges of text messages, I had never actually seen him. So, when I walked into the wine bar I walked right past him at first because he told me he was at the back of the bar. He wasn't at the back, he was in the middle. How do you confuse the back with the middle? I called him because I was annoyed that he wasn't where he said he was going to be. While on the phone I walked past him and he caught my eye. He was cute. He had muscles. He had a sweet face. He knew how to dress. I smiled and we got a table. It wasn't two minutes after we sat down that he waved at a guy and he came over to talk. Coffee Shop and guy talked for about 15 minutes. When he left Coffee Shop asked me a few questions but with every answer he would look over my shoulder and stare right through me. Then some other people would walk by and he would wave them down. This went on for the entirety of the date, which didn't last that long...I can take a clue. Guys, if you want to know what to do on a date to make a girl feel like she doesn't matter at all and guarantee you don't get a second date, call Coffee Shop. If my memory serves me right he did pay the tab and we said our awkward hand shaking good bye and I left. Yes, you read right, I left. He stayed and hung out with all his buddies. Was it possible that I was on display for people and didn't realize it? If so, why was I not given the thumbs up?! If I thought about this for too long I would be in trouble...when in reality, who cares if you don't get along with a guy?! Who cares if he's not into you?! It just means there is something else out there for you, and in my case, it's always another bizarre date, and for you it's another wacky story to read on my blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home