This was a dating blog that has turned into a life blog. I found the man I love while dating and will now see what happens in life.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'll Drive.

So last night I had a date with Runner again. We were supposed to go on a champagne dinner at the Gilcrease Museum and listen to jazz music. We decided to take my car, not sure why we just did. I let him drive my car, which is a 5 speed, and apparently he sucks at it. It was so bad that I called him out. He lucky wasn’t completely offended by me bashing his driving. To make a long story short, we were late so didn’t make it in time. By the time we got there we decided to just turn around and leave. I drove this time.

Both of us were already all dolled up. I was in a cocktail dress and he was in a nice suit. I told him that my dress had purple in it and he comes out with his suit and a purple striped tie on. Dorky I know, but I thought it was cute that he wanted to match. Most guys try to avoid coordinating with their dates. So, instead of champagne and jazz, we went to a little Italian Restaurant called Ciao. It’s a quaint and intimate place with great food.

At dinner we ordered a bottle of wine. It was delicious! I ordered a Diavolo di Mara (?), seafood pasta with a red pepper sauce and kalamata olives. He ordered salmon. Yes, we fed each other bites and yes they were both good. When dinner was over we decided to stroll down Brookside and window shop. We stopped at the window of Pohlenz Cucine Moderne to admire the kitchens of our dreams. It had been closed for hours by this point in time and out of no where the owner shows up and gives us a personal little tour of the place and tells us all about the kitchens, bathrooms, and closets that they sell. I was in heaven and Runner let me stay without trying to rush me at all. I know he wasn’t as interested as I was but him letting me talk to the owner without trying to hurry me was super nice. As we were about to leave, the owner invited us to an event they were having in their store this Thursday with wine and hors d'oeuvre’s. We told him we may stop in because we will already be out. Sounds like it could be fun but we already bought our tickets to go to a Driller’s baseball game. I love baseball games! I am excited to hang out with Runner again, especially at a game, in the middle of summer, with an ice cold beer!

We decided we wanted to head out. We went back to his place and hung out until way too late. At about midnight I realized what time it was and decided to head home. Another successful date.
Lesson learned, I’m a better driver and he admitted it. For simply admitting, he earns points.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home