This was a dating blog that has turned into a life blog. I found the man I love while dating and will now see what happens in life.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Fire Fighting Running Photographer

In an effort keep my not so personal life going I joined I joined a few days ago and had my first date last night. He was such a nice guy. After exchanging emails we decided that we would meet at the Rivers Edge on Riverside by the buffalo. You know what I’m talking about, the life size bronze statue of a buffalo lying in the grass between the playground and the building.

As I was walking towards the buffalo I saw a tall, strawberry blonde, fit, well dressed man walking towards me. It was about 95 degrees outside and had rained earlier in the day. He was wearing jeans, a navy polo, and a gallon of sweat. From the instant we met face to face I felt completely comfortable around Runner. Not sure why, he just puts off that vibe I guess. We decided to go to the dock on the west side of the river, near the rowing club. Once there, I set out the blanket and Runner cracked open a couple beers or us. We watched the rowers and talked for about two hours. I learned that he is a father of an absolutely adorable little boy (which I immediately told him I don’t like dating men with kids because it didn’t really work out for me in the past). We decided taking baby steps would be best; to make sure we like each other enough before we make an issue out of it. I learned is one of seven kids, he’s a photographer, and runs…a lot. We are into so many of the same things and he is super easy to talk to.

After a bit, he asked if I had eaten dinner and invited me to go to one of his favorite restaurants with him. I accepted. We ended in a scary neighborhood at a place called El Rio del Verde. Or at least I think that’s what it was called. I had a fish taco (that was incredible) and some guacamole (that was super delicious). After sitting there for a bit more, he picked up the check and we decided to head back to the river.

We again put the blanket out and he opened a couple beers for us. We watched the sun set. Once the sun went down we laid down to look up at the dozen of stars we could see and wished we could see more. While laying there a homeless drunk Indian came up and sat right next to us and asked for a smoke. Neither of us smokes so it wasn’t too hard to get rid of him. Don’t worry, he came back. He saw we had beer and wanted one. Runner looked at me and asked, “Should I just give him one so he’ll go away?” I said yes because I don’t know Runners fighting abilities and if this drunken Indian got mad I didn’t want to have to fight for my life. So, Runner bargained with Drunken Indian and said “I’ll give you a beer if you go away so I can talk to my woman.” The Indian agreed and went in peace. We lay there for a little while longer before I decided I should go home considering it was about 11:30 at night. We packed up camp and headed out.

When I got to my car he asked me if I would like to go to a champagne dinner with him on Tuesday at the Gilcrease Museum. Sweeeet! I love champagne and any excuse to dress up! So if you try to get a hold of me then, I’ll be busy.

Although it doesn't make for an exciting blog, I say this date was a success.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home