This was a dating blog that has turned into a life blog. I found the man I love while dating and will now see what happens in life.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Sherwin

As good as the date went with Runner, I couldn't put all my eggs in one basket quite yet. So, I went on a date the following night with a guy, who in his pictures was less attractive but in his defense, we had a lot in common.

I told him we could meet at the Riverwalk in Jenks and I would be sitting on the bench. I knew immediately that I would have to beat him there because I didn’t remember his name. I couldn’t very well go up and say, “Hey, you. Are you the guy who’s waiting to meet me?” Anyway, I did make it there first. Upon his arrival I thought he was an old man. He was not aging well. Wearing khaki shorts, an oxford, and tennis shoes (an outfit he may have stolen out of my father’s closet) he introduced himself. Ugh boring name too. I will call him Sherwin. Turns out he sells paint, watches sports, and cycles. Everything he said about himself were little to minor details in his life that he must of thought sounded cool so he threw them in to exaggerate the non existing excitement in his life.

He decided it would be nice to go to Los Cabos. I’m currently on a ‘Anti- Los Cabos’ kick so I was a little discouraged that we were going there but he didn’t know that so I can’t blame the poor guy. Sherwin was apparently starving because he did not want to wait for a table he had to sit at the bar immediately! We sat a got a beer and guacamole and I proceeded to make conversation with a wall. He had nothing to say that wasn’t about sports. I like sports and all but jeez dude, get a clue! At one point in time he went to the restroom and I got out my phone and debated on calling or back up but decided to not be that girl.

I decided we should take a walk down the river because it would have been really rude to eat and run. We walked all the way down to the new condos and on the way back he put his arm around me while we walked. If any of you know me at all, you know that I am not a PDA person, especially in the beginning of a relationship with a man who looks, acts, and dresses like a 40 year old man. UGH! I pretended to stumble over a pebble to make him let go of his wrap around me. Phew!

When we got back to Los Cabos, I told him that I needed to head out because I had a job interview the next day…which I really did. He was trying to be nice and walk me to my car and all I could think was “Crap! He’s going to try to kiss me.” I did not want that to happen! At this point I was thinking, “Why can’t this be Runner? Tonight could have been so much fun.” So, to avoid an awkward moment, I leaned in and gave him a polite hug and sent him on his way. Crisis averted.

I got in my car and called Runner. I told him I was having dinner with my aunt and cousin. This was before I realized he was a good guy. No more lies. I didn't tell him about the date but....I did tell him about this blog…I have never told any guy. Not sure why I trust him but I do. (I haven't let him read it yet and I haven't told him the name of it to look it up either.) We'll see how this one turns out. I think I'll keep him for a minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home